Hi, I'm Yika!
I'm a Computer Science Master student at UC Berkeley with a passion for Art, Technology and Entrepreneurship.
I got my CS bachelor's degree also from UC Berkeley. Over the past 2 years, I have been conducting research on robotics and machine learning systems advised by professor Joseph Gonzalez in two research institutes:
- Real-Time Intelligent Secure Explainable Lab (Systems Research)
- Berkeley DeepDrive (Robotics/Autonomous Driving Research)
I also have some industry experience:
- Uber (Software Engineer Intern / Marketplace Forecasting Team / San Francisco, CA)
- Pinterest (Full-Stack Engineer Intern / Visual Search Team / San Francisco, CA)
- Intuit (Software Engineer Intern / TurboTax Data Science Team / San Diego, CA)
- Willis Tower Watson (Financial Analyst Intern / Actuarial Science Team / Dublin, Ireland)
For more details about my projects, please check out my Tech Portfolio.
Fun Facts about Me :)
I'm a world citizen. I was born and raised in Shenzhen (a city next to Hong Kong), and moved to the Bay Area when I was 18. I have briefly resided in Malaysia and Ireland, and have travelled to 15 countries across Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia.